CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 11, 2010

Easy Peasy Birthday Present...and cheap too!

One of the little girl in my Sunbeam class is turning 4 and she LOVES Lightning McQueen from the movie Cars, and it is seemingly impossible to find lightning mcqueen items for a little girl!!! So here is what I came up with...I figured she could take it to church or grandmas or in the car...it is not too big!!
Materials
Iron & Ironing Board
Scrap Fabric (just big enough to cut your letters mine was aprox 3" x 5')
Heat N Bond (could also use wonder under)
Tote Bag
Aplique
Die Cutting Machine

Step 1
Following directions on package apply Heat n bond to one side of your fabric...if you are using a orint apply to the wrong side
Step 2
Find desired letter size and cut out your letters with your cricut. I did 2 1/2", my tote bag is not that big
Step 3
Iron on your letters to the front of your tote bag...do not over iron the letters can get too goopy and will slide!

Step 4
Following the directions on the package apply your aplique to the bag


Viola! What a quick and easy project! Now I said it was cheap so I will break it down
Tote Bag $1 (it came in a 4 pack on clearance for $3.97)
Heat N Bond...I used about $0.35 worth
Scrap Fabric FREE from a friend
Aplique $3.99...Most expensive piece
Grand Total (drum roll please)
$5.34!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment